In the era of technology, you should have a high internet speed to perform better. We all want a good Internet speed when we are doing some critical work on Windows 10. Without proper speed, we will unable to do our home-based work. We have checked plenty of issues regarding windows 10 low internet speed That’s why we have come up with this article, we will tell you how to speed up Internet Windows 10. We will share plenty of Windows 10 tips to enhance internet speed.
How to Speed Up Internet Windows 10?
We are giving you the best ways that you should try to speed up Internet Windows 10. You just have to follow up on the guide.
# Switch from Power Saver mode to High Performance
Most people apply power saver mode to save energy but it directly impacts your PC’s performance. So we will recommend you to switch from Power Saver to High Performance so that your Windows 10 can give you full Internet speed.
You just have to go to the Control Panel, then go to the power option, and then tap on Hardware and Sound option. There you will get two options of Balanced and Power Saver, if you want a High Performance then you have to click on the Show additional plans. High performance will consume more energy and will give you more Internet speed.
# Disable Peer to Peer option
If you want a good Internet connection on Windows 10 then you should Disable Peer to peer option. This feature helps to share Windows update with other computers on the Internet. But you have to compromise with your Internet speed if you want this feature. To disable it, just follow the steps as given below.
- First of all, you have to press the Windows key with the R button, it will open the Run dialogue box. Now type control update in the box.
- Now click on the Advanced options and then click on the Delivery Optimization option.
- You will get an option of ‘Allow download from other PCs. Make sure that the toggle should set on Off.
This is the way through which you can solve your slow Internet issue.
# Delete the Temp folder
If the previous method is not working, then you can try this method to improve your Internet speed. Just follow the steps as given below.
- At first, you have to tap the Windows key with R to open the run dialogue box.
- Now type %temp% in the box and press the Enter button.
- A list will open with many folders, just press Ctrl + A to select all the folders and delete them.
It will help you to increase the browsing speed because temp folders can reduce Internet speed.
# Set Bandwidth settings to Zero
When we use the Internet connection, Windows keep 20% of bandwidth with them for updates or any other purpose and users will get 80% of the bandwidth of Internet connection. Now, if you have no use of updates then you can set its limit from 20 to 0. Here is the process of doing that.
- First of all, you have to press Ctrl, Esc, and Shift at the same time to open the Task Manager.
- Now just tap on the File menu and tap on the Run a new task option.
- Now, enter gpedit.msc in the box and tick right in the below option and click ok.
- A new page will open, where you have to tap on Computer Configuration and under that double-click on administrative templates.
- Now tap on the Network option, then tap on the QS packet scheduler.
- Then just double-click on the ‘Limit Reservable Bandwidth’ option.
- Now just tap on the Enabled option and set the Bandwidth limit to zero. Now tap on Ok and then click on Apply.
# Turn the Search Indexing off
Windows 10 will index the hard disk to search the PC more quickly in the background but it also impacts the speed of the Internet. If you want to increase the speed of the Internet then you need to do search indexing off. Just follow the steps to do search Indexing off.
- First of all, you have to type services.msc in the Windows search bar and then press the Enter button.
- Now you will get the list of services where you to find the Indexing services option, then double-click on it and then click on the Stop option.
- Now just restart your PC and take advantage of fast Internet connection.
# Turn Off the Large Send Offload
This feature is on Windows because of better performance. But it also allows other apps to consume more bandwidth and this is the biggest reason for the slow speed of the Internet. So you should disable it to increase the Internet speed. You just have to follow the steps as given below.
- At first, you have to open the Run dialogue box by tapping the Windows key with the R button.
- Then you have to enter devmgmt.msc in the box and then press Enter.
- Now you have to double-click on the Network Adaptor and then tap on your network.
- Now click on the advanced option and then choose the Large Send Offload.
- Now in the value option, you have to keep it disabled to increase your Internet speed.
# Disable the display performance
As we know, Windows 10 has great animations and visual effects. The brightness of those features also affects your computer performance, so you should disable all the eye-catching features that make your PC speed slow. For that, you need to follow these steps –
- First of all, have to type sysdm.cpl in the Windows search box and then press Enter.
- Now you have to tap on the Advanced option and then click on the settings from the performance section.
- Now you will get the list of all the animations that you have to turn off. You can do it individually or can tap on the ‘Adjust for best performance’ for setting it to automatic setting the performance.
As it is quite necessary to have a fast Internet connection when we are doing some important work. The above methods will answer your query on how to speed up Internet Windows 10. All the methods are easy to implement but still, if you are facing any issues then you can put your query in the comment box, we will be in touch with you soon.
How to speed up Internet Windows 10
how to speed up your internet connection windows 10
how to speed up the internet in windows 10
how to speed up any internet connection on windows 10